PINOT GRIS

MARLBOROUGH | NEW ZEALAND

 

A beautifully expressed Pinot Gris from Marlborough, the fragrant bouquet shows white stone fruit, fresh pear, floral and subtle spicy characters. Marlborough is one of New Zealand’s sunniest and driest places, ideal for Pinot Gris, with long growing seasons leading to wines with high acidity, fruit driven flavours and intense varietal characters.


Vintage | 2021

Range | ESTATE Reserve | Jewelstone


Awards

4 STARS | Michael Cooper

92 POINTS | Cameron Douglas

TASTING NOTES


. The palate is full showing intense ripe citrus, baked apple and vibrant pear character with a fine structure and a long off-dry finish. A medium-dry style with delicate pear and tropical fruit aromas

"Fragrant pear, florals and soft spice with a lingering crisp finish.”

RECOMMENDED FOOD AND BBQ PAIRINGS 


BBQ Prawns with Lime


Baked Fish with a Parsley Crust and Couscous Salad


Porchini Mushroom risotto with creamy sauce, parmasan cheese & parsley 

PRODUCT DETAILS 


Vintage | 2021

Grape Variety | 100% Pinot Gris

Alc/Vol | 13.9%

Range | Estate

Wine Maker | Paul Mooney

Serving Temperature | 12-14C

Cellaring | Enjoy now or cellar for up to five years.


Vineyard | 85% of the fruit for this wine is sourced from Mission Estates superb Cable Station Road vineyard in the Awatere Valley, Marlborough. While the other 15% of the fruit is sourced from Hawke's Bay vineyards to add weight, richness and fullness to the blend due to the warmer climate.

SWEET BRO


"Sweet green pears and apple flesh, a soft leesy autolysis, moments of white spice and white peach. On the palate - just dry with a core of fruit and satin cream texture"





Cam Douglas

- January 2022